- 12 ripe plantains
- 250 g coconut sugar or palm sugar
- 100 ml water
- 1 pandan leaves, tied into a knots
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 g durian flesh, optional
- Put sugar, water, pandan leaves, and salt in a medium sauce pan. Cook until sugar melted and boiling. Turn off the heat and let it cool
- Strain the sugar and put it back into a sauce pan. Add durian flesh and cook in a medium heat until the sauce thickened.
- Cut off the end of plantains, and peel away the skin. Grilled plantains over hot charcoal or you can use non-stick pan, turn over with spatula and cooked until both side brown.