This old and classic French cake with a hint of lemon reminds me to my imaginary grandma from French.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, and lemon zest, stirring until well blended.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add the oil and fold it to combine.
- Pour and scrape the batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 50 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into centre comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.