Lately I often skip the breakfast. On a diet or not enough time in the morning, that’s the reason I skip breakfast. But I missed my morning routine, my life wasn’t complete without a cup of coffee and good books. This morning I got up, made an omelette and brew a cup of coffee. I adapted the omelette recipe from Charles P. Rogers bed blog. I feel so alive now and ready to face the day. Have a great day everyone.
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- a small knob of butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs such as chives, tarragon or chervil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place eggs in a bowl and lightly whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper, add chopped fresh herbs and mix to combine.
- Place the butter and oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. When the butter has melted and bubbling, pour the eggs quickly into the pan, move the pan around to spread the eggs. Using fork or spatula move the eggs in a pan around, and moving the pan back and forth. Allow the egg to start coagulating.
- When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still very soft in the centre, lightly spread the cream cheese and alfalfa sprouts over the omelette.
- Using spatula carefully case the edge of the omelette, then fold it over in half. Remove the pan from heat and tip the omelette onto a plate. Serve Immediately with fresh salad.