Fries always be my guilty pleasure every time I’m on diet. It’s very hard to resist chips, every time I past a fast-food restaurant I feel like I want to stop to buy their chips. Yes, I am more interested with their chips rather than their fried chicken. After a long journey, I finally found a perfect chips recipe. I found this Heston Blumenthal Chips video while I browsing Heston’s roasted chicken recipe.
- 2 head garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs yolk
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Drizzle the garlic with olive oil and wrap it with aluminium foil and roast for 30-35 minutes or until softened and golden.
- Allow to cool and take the garlic out of it shells.Place it in a bowl and mash with a fork until
- Place the eggs, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl, beat until very thick and pale yellow.
- Drizzle vegetable oil little by little, whisking vigorously, whisk until the oil is completely incorporated. Add more lemon juice, keep whisking and add more oil. Keep drizzle and whisking until you’ve incorporated all the oil.
- Fold through the mashed roasted garlic and serve with the chips