Flat round savoury pie crust with stacks of sliced potato, shiitake mushroom, and tomato.
- 300 gr flour
- 100 gr butter, cut into a small cubes and chilled in freezer
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4-6 tbsp ice water
- 500 gr potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves stripped, plus an extra sprig
- 200 gr mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic,minced
- salt and black pepper
- Make the crust. Put the flour, butter and salt in a food processor. Pulse a few times just until the butter in a pea size pieces. Slowly add the ice water into a pastry, little by little, pulsing after each addition, until dough begins to come together.
- Turn out the dough, wrap it with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile,heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add sliced mushroom, soften the mushroom and drizzle with more olive oil if needed. Stir in minced garlic and thyme, turn up the heat and cook for 1-2 minutes. Season and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 c. Roll out the dough on parchment paper into a rough circle, about 12-inch diameter. Spread the sliced potatoes over the base, then arrange mushrooms on top, and sliced tomatoes. Fold over the edge of the crust and pleated. Scatter over more thyme, sprinkle with black pepper and sea salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is crispy and golden. Serve warm with salad.