Egg is a morning favourite and there are many ways to preparing it. Try this peppery scrambled eggs if you looking for a refreshing change for your breakfast. Soft scrambled egg with a spicy taste from chilli and spices perfect for a simply sensational to start the day. Paired with buttered toasted English muffin or baguette.
I found the Masala Omelette recipe from Nigella Lawson website, but today I’m into a scrambled eggs. I just give a little change to the recipe and add extra mushroom and eat it with baguette from Tous Le Jours, sliced tomato, cucumber and fresh coriander.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mushroom, remove hard stem and sliced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 English muffin or baguette
- tomato and cucumber
- a handful of fresh coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a small cast-iron pan, sauté the onion for about 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add mushroom, garlic, chilli and turmeric powder, cook for about 2 minutes until mushroom softer and brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add another spices and cook for a minute. Add the beaten eggs to the pan and stir continuously on a low heat for about 3-4 minutes, until you have a soft texture eggs.
- Serve with toasted baguette, cilantro, sliced tomatoes and cucumber.