I used to be cinnamon girl, but the last few months I’m really into cardamom. It doesn’t mean I don’t like cinnamon anymore but I just don’t think about it on daily basis and start to craving more cardamom taste on my food, dessert or even on my drink.
I like to try something new and make an experiment for breakfast. When others are busy thinking about what clothes to wear for tomorrow, I was busy thinking about what should I eat for breakfast. I like to enjoy my breakfast with warm drink like coffee, tea, cappucino or chai tea. Although I’m not really like milk but had too much caffeine, and I decide it had to be milk this week.
Masala Milk, recipe adapted from Priya’s Versatile Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 8 peeled pistachios, chopped finely
- 3 whole cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- A pinch of saffron
- honey or brown sugar
- Soaked saffron in a lukewarm milk for 15 minutes.
- Bring milk, spices and chopped nuts to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer gently for about 5 minutes or until the small bubble start to appear, turn it off and leave it to steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain the milk and discard the spices. Reheat the milk and stir in sugar or honey.
- Serve it immediately and garnish with chopped pistachios.