I make this veggie pasta for today lunch. I think this is perfect for sunny day, when the day is very hot and you feel too lazy to cook, I suggest you make this pasta. You can just blanch all the vegetables along with pasta, or if you like a smoky taste for your bell pepper, you can sauté it for a few minutes. This pasta so light and fresh but enough to feel your hungry stomach.
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 ounces spinach fettucine or whole wheat pasta
- 1 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces firm tofu, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and grated
- Make a dressing by combining together all the dressing ingredients. Set aside
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine according to the package instructions. Add broccoli to the pot 2 minutes before pasta cook, cook until pasta is al dente and broccoli tender. Drain pasta and broccoli, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick frying pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over moderate heat. Add the tofu and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add sliced garlic, and bell pepper, toss to combine and cook for another 2-3 minutes over high heat, until the peppers tender but still crunchy.
- In a large bowl, combine together pasta, vegetables and tofu, drizzle with the dressing, toss to coat, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and chopped cilantro. Serve at room temperature or chilled.