We live in a nation who believes that everything bigger is better- except your waistline of course- and where the line between want and need are so blurry. Everyday media bombarded us with thousand ads, they trying to sell something…tells us how to live our life. And most of the time we lost…we give up instead of toughen up.
We have forgotten the art of saving money, and instead we further overcomplicate our lives learning how to earn more, so we could spend more. We were busy filling our mind about what we don’t have…what we can’t do and feel devastated about it. We easily throw out something, and replace it with a new one. Food, gadget, clothes…everyday we make a reason to buy something. Have we realise that life is not about the stuff and consumerism? We give up sacredness for the new trend, for the sake to look cool.
There is nothing precious about my breakfast today, only eggs and leftover grilled chicken from last night dinner. I made this omelette for monthly challenge hosted by Indonesian Foodblogger. This month their theme this month is Leftover. I felt excited about this leftover challenge, because as kid I used to think my mother stingy because she often saves the leftover from dinner…but as I grow older, I learned that breakfast made from leftover always taste better.
Asian Chicken Omelette with Tahini Sauce
I had grilled chicken from last night dinner, I simply shredded it and use it as a stuffing for my omelette and served it with sweet-spicy sauce made from tahini paste, chilli and sweet soy-sauce. If you don’t have grilled chicken, just replace it with chicken satay, or poached chicken. And you can replace Tahini sauce with unsweetened peanut butter.
- 2 eggs
- 20g French bean, shredded
- 30g bean sprouts, trimmed
- 20g red bell pepper
- 50g shredded chicken
- 1 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and white pepper
- 2 tablespoon tahini paste
- ½ tablespoon kecap manis
- 1-2 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon chopped chilli, optional
- Combine tahini paste, kecap manis, and chopped chilli in a sauce bowl. Dilute the mixture with a tablespoon of hot water, add another tablespoon of water if the mixture is to thick.
- Placed eggs in a bowl, and lightly whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat, add the egg mixture. Swirling the egg around the pan and cook until firm, or about 1 minute.
- Add shredded chicken, and cook until warmed through, or about 1 minute. Add red bell pepper, shredded French bean, bean sprouts and topped with scallion. Fold it over, and serve with a drizzle tahini sauce and kecap manis.