“The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don’t go back to sleep.”~ Rumi
I’m a morning person, I love get up early and see the dawn. I feel grateful that I can enjoy a peaceful morning while everyone else was busy struggling with time. I started my life symphony with a morning coffee and sweet kiss from the sun.
Beautiful morning without good breakfast means nothing. Smooth creamy eggs with a touch of herbs will be a perfect meal to start my day. Add grated cheddar cheese for extra flavour or a dollop of cream cheese if you want extra creamy scrambled eggs.
Herby Scrambled Eggs
You can use any herbs you like but soft herbs work better for scrambled eggs. My favourite herbs for scrambled eggs are chives, tarragon, chervil and parsley. For simple egg dishes I always prefer free range or organic eggs, because fresh good quality eggs really makes the difference in taste. And if you prefer light eggs feel free to skip the cream cheese.
- 4 large free range eggs
- 4 tablespoons mix chopped herbs
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese or greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Generous pinch of fine grain sea salt
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Gently whisk the eggs and cream with fork, beat in chopped herbs, and grated cheddar cheese. Season with black pepper and salt. Whisk until all the ingredients are just combine.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add the butter and let it melt. Pour in half of the eggs mixture and let it set a bit without stirring. Stir with a wooden spoon, folding it over. Let it sit again for a bit then stir and fold again. Repeat until the eggs nearly cooked to your liking.
- Spoon the scrambled eggs over toast or English muffin and sprinkle with the remaining herbs mixture.