I like all the noodle dishes but my favourite is Mie Goreng. How can you resist the sweet and savoury fried noodles with the cubes of chicken or meatballs, juicy shrimp, and lots of greens for the crunch.
Cooking mie goreng it should be a fun activity, no exact rules what you can or can’t add in mie goreng. You can add as many or as little to your mie goreng. The must ingredients in mie goreng its only noodles and kecap manis (sweet soy sauce). Sweet soy sauce
Beside those noodles and sweet soy sauce basically you can add any ingredients as you like . Choose your favourite vegetables and protein and add it as much as you like.
- 300 g fresh yellow noodles
- 80g medium prawns, shelled and deveined
- 40g chicken breast, cut into bite size
- 40g meatballs, cut into four
- 3 tbsp kecap manis
- 3 stalks cay sim, cut into 4cm pieces
- bird eye chillies, optional
- 200 ml stock or water
- Vegetable oil
- Green onion
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cloves shallot
- 2 nutmeg
- Place garlic, shallot and nutmeg in a mortar and pestle and pound it until you get a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add spice paste, lower down the heat and stir fry until fragrant or for about 1 minute. Turn up the heat and add chicken, meatballs and prawns. Stirring for few minutes until chicken and prawns is cooked.
- Add kecap manis, salt, pepper and water or stock. Bring it to boil
- Loosen the noodles and add it to the wok. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Make the well in the centre of the wok, break the eggs into it and stir to scramble the eggs. Add the vegetables and bird eye chilli, stir-fry for about 1 minute or until the vegetables cooked.
- Transfer to plate and serve immediately.