When two turned into three I felt a pain in my chest, thick cloud filled my mind. I don’t know how I feel when two turns into three. January used to be my favourite time of the year, but lately I’ve grown wary of it.
January is not a month of celebration anymore. January reminds me that I’m growing old. I know soon enough, January will pass, summer will be here and I will feel better. But right now I found myself struggling to find the answer of who I am and what makes me, me.
On hard days I feel like I want to stay alone in a little cottage by the beach. Heating up a coconut latte on a bonfire and drinking it out of coconut shell. In this solitude I will telling myself a story, a story about tree that standing tall and sturdy. I will tell it to myself over and over again, until the story itself become a part of myself.
Coconut Latte with Boba Pearls
This coconut latte is super easy. It’s just few ingredients and quick preparation time. I used light coconut milk, but you can use coconut cream or full fat coconut milk to get the richer and thicker latte.
- 2 shots espresso
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup dried boba pearls
- 2 cup water to cook the boba pearls
- Fill a medium saucepan with water, bring the water to boil over high-heat.Stir the water gently and add dried boba. Cook for about 10 minutes, until they float to the top of water. Remove the pan from heat, cover the lid , and let the boba sit for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Strain the boba from the water and transfer them to a bowl or container. Add simple syrup until the boba are submerged. Set aside.
- Combine coconut milk and coconut water in a small sauce pan, cook over medium heat. Bring the coconut milk mixture to simmer, whisk it vigorously until frothy, for about 3 minutes.
- Put about 2 tablespoon cooked boba pearls in a glass, pour in espresso and frothy milk. Add sugar if you like and serve immediately.